2/26/10

Love is in the air






I flew to NYC on a whim for Valentine's Day. The first encounter I had with the theme happened right in front of me on the airplane - in nice light, surprisingly. Though, it was a bit of a challenge to shoot with the fasten seat belt light on and a passenger in the seat next to me.
The Valentine-themed private birthday party in Chelsea was lit entirely in red. With go-go dancers on platforms, drag queens in sequins, blaring music and an open bar, it was quite a scene. Feather boas, confetti, and discarded halos and horns littered the floors.
Across town, on a quieter note, a young member of NYC's financial hub has a glass of champagne with his girlfriend to celebrate his recent successes.
Then the snow arrived, delaying flights as caravans of snowplows circled the runways.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Ahhh!!! I love all of these!!