6/18/09

Unfortunate


This picture met a very difficult end. Yesterday was more chaotic than usual right before the afternoon deadline. As I walked in the door with two assignments that needed to be on their way to the meeting, a report of a shooting came across the scanner. I handed off what I had already photographed and ran back out the door. The shooting was a 911 prank call, and I was back at the paper in half an hour. The caption sheet I left with the photos is nowhere to be found. So here is a girl and her grandfather trying to keep cool during the current heat wave by spinning in the breeze off the Tennessee River. And this is the only place it will ever see the light again. Aren't blogs wonderful?

1 comment:

Taylor said...

yes they are, I like this photo, and I'm glad it wasn't a real shooting!