5/17/09

Out of the driver's seat


This goes with a post from last week, when I was following a Georgia police officer through his new beat. I have never been in the back seat of a police cruiser, and I was really excited. While the reporter chatted away in the front seat, I was busy taking pictures of myself in the back of the car. After 5 minutes of this, the officer asked if I was "okay back there."
I instantly replied, "Oh, I'm great."
Which was followed by a long pause from the front of the vehicle.
He looked at me through the rear-view mirror and said, "In 14 years, I have never heard that answer come from the back seat of this car."
Maybe it's just that my legs actually fit in the back of the vehicle. I'm sure all of the normal-sized people would be pissed after being crunched up for that long.

1 comment:

Rebecca Barnett said...

Lovely!! Haha I would have done the same thing.