5/17/09

Don't be fooled


It may look tempting in black and white, but it's pretty gross and greasy in color on a plate missing from the high school cafeteria. We were covering this relatively new restaurant for our business section, and the "owners" suddenly decided they weren't quite willing to be labeled as such officially. Too much responsibility, I guess. The younger of the two told me he guessed we just didn't need to do that article after all. Bummer.
Apparently, the business reporter doing the story went there over the weekend with some friends, and ended up walking out after the hostess sat a homeless man next to them and allowed him to open a tab. I guess the smell wasn't too appetizing. As I was standing there in the restaurant, days later, the same thing happened to me. As the reporter pointed out, that's probably not good for business.

No comments: