3/12/11





Trying to find words for this experience elicited a sigh.
I was sent to find people evacuating their homes along the river. The only problem was that the water had been rising for almost a week - anyone who was leaving left days ago. I managed to find a handful of people coming and going across the waters now separating their homes from their vehicles. I even stalked a flock of wild turkeys stranded on this island, to no avail.
I spent hours driving street by street up the river with only these to show for it. Then I got a call from the newspaper at 5:30 wondering if this was all I was going to send. Apparently, I was supposed to get different art for the Indiana section as well. And I had no idea, and I had called every phone number on the assignment sheet twice to try to get more information. So, I felt a bit "washed up" in the end. Live and learn!

No comments: