8/28/08

24 hours in sports


I've never considered myself a sports shooter, but I think I surprised myself and the DOP in the last 24 hours. I have had only one encounter with golf before, and I had all day to shoot it, not 45 minutes. This was not what the paper ran, but I thought it was a pretty true depiction of a teenager missing a shot. One of the leaders that round, he had to fire off a second ball since he was unsure his was still in play.






The first three football images are from a game I shot immediately after golf. High school football has outrageously bad lighting in this town, so you really get about 20 minutes to shoot the "play of the game." This is incredibly stressful to me. That moment of nice light there in the stands went out two minutes before the National Anthem.
This is the first time I've had a headline tailored to match my photo: "Trojans trip Lions," describing a huge and unexpected ralley by the former in the second half. The coach had been pretty aghast with them through the first two quarters, as you can tell.


This was a game I was not assigned to shoot. I just happened to be there to photograph some mumbo-jumbo about gas prices and busing teams around. The poor quarterback kept having to reach for what was repeatedly a bad snap.

1 comment:

Rebecca Barnett said...

Haha that golf picture is great!!